Breakfast Bread Bowls
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped pancetta
- 4 crusty hard rolls (4 inches wide)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 4 large eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Gruyere or fontina cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small skillet, cook pancetta over medium heat until browned, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
- Meanwhile, cut a thin slice off top of each roll. Hollow out bottom of roll, leaving a 1/2-in.-thick shell (save removed bread for another use); place shells on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Add mushrooms and pancetta to bread shells. Carefully break an egg into each; sprinkle eggs with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 18-22 minutes or until egg whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
May 13, 2018
easy to do and very quick. just rigjt for my us family
Feb 16, 2015
Very tasty and this one is a keeper! Great idea!
Oct 17, 2014
Very nice, everyone enjoyed them.
Jan 30, 2014
These turned out great! I substituted chopped peppers and onion for the bacon/pancetta and lined the pan with parchment paper. The baking time was very accurate - will definitely make again. Add a green salad or fruit and you can have a complete meal anytime!