Greek Brown and Wild Rice Bowls
This fresh rice dish tastes like the Mediterranean in a bowl! It's short on ingredients, but packs in so much flavor. For a hand-held version, leave out the rice and tuck the rest of the ingredients in a pita pocket. —Darla Andrews, Schertz, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) ready-to-serve whole grain brown and wild rice medley
- 1/4 cup Greek vinaigrette, divided
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup pitted Greek olives, sliced
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the rice mix and 2 tablespoons vinaigrette. Cover and cook on high until heated through, about 2 minutes. Divide between 2 bowls. Top with avocado, tomatoes, cheese, olives, remaining dressing and, if desired, parsley.
Test Kitchen tips
Health Tip: These otherwise healthy bowls are high in sodium because of the prepared rice, dressing, feta cheese and Greek olives. Save on sodium by cooking the rice from scratch and using a simple oil and vinegar dressing.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 433 calories, 25g fat (4g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 1355mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 6g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Greek Barley & Bulgar Bliss Bowl in Simple & Delicious August/September 2018