Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh mint or 1/4 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a small saucepan, combine all of the ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 198 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 451mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Jul 6, 2014
Wonderful basic recipe ... used 2 tbsp. lemon juice ... fresh garlic ... and 1/2 white wine ... left out the mint as I didn't have any ... and used a mixture of wild, whole grain and brown rice ... it was delicious will be making this again ...
May 17, 2014
We have a Greek restaurant near us and I love their lemony rice. I asked what was in it and they said basically the same things in this recipe. I want to try it again and add more lemon. I want to work with it but it's still a good side dish. I have mint growing all over my front yard so I just chopped it up and threw it in. It was fun and good!
Dec 31, 2011
I love Greek food and flavors and while this is good, I personally think itwould be much better if you substitute orzo for the rice. And add peas, which go perfectly with lemon and mint.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.