Arugula & Brown Rice Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve brown rice
- 7 cups fresh arugula or baby spinach (about 5 ounces)
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 3/4 cup loosely packed basil leaves, torn
- 1/2 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Heat rice according to package directions. Transfer to a large bowl; cool slightly.
- Stir arugula, beans, cheese, basil and cherries into rice. In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 473 calories, 22g fat (5g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 574mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 7g fiber), 13g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 24, 2017
Quick tasty and filling. I had goat cheese, it was a good veggie dinner for us. I also added some toasted walnuts.
Dec 10, 2015
Fantastic! Easy and healthy all rolled into one. My husband and I have made this at least a half dozen times. A great weeknight light meal.