Arugula & Brown Rice Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve brown rice
- 7 cups fresh arugula or baby spinach (about 5 ounces)
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 3/4 cup loosely packed basil leaves, torn
- 1/2 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Heat rice according to package directions. Transfer to a large bowl; cool slightly.
- Stir arugula, beans, cheese, basil and cherries into rice. In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 473 calories, 22g fat (5g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 574mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 7g fiber), 13g protein.
Mar 24, 2017
Quick tasty and filling. I had goat cheese, it was a good veggie dinner for us. I also added some toasted walnuts.
Dec 10, 2015
Fantastic! Easy and healthy all rolled into one. My husband and I have made this at least a half dozen times. A great weeknight light meal.