Nectarine Arugula Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 cups fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 4 cups torn Bibb or Boston lettuce
- 3 medium nectarines, sliced
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in oil until blended. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 101 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 86mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.
Aug 1, 2015
Loved this recipe ! I used pecan because that is what I had and also substituted blueberry vinegar for raspberry . Family loved all of the flavors . This is wonderful on a hot summer day !
May 27, 2009
I LOVED this salad! What a great mix of flavors. I used goat cheese rather than blue because I'm not a fan of blue cheese, but other than that, I stuck to the recipe. I just finished off what was left over from last night and it was still great even after sitting overnight. This is going in the book of favorites.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.