- 4 bacon strips, chopped
- 5 ounces fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1 medium leek (white portion only), thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Dash pepper
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
- In a large bowl, combine the arugula, eggs, leek, tomato and radishes. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, mustard, sugar, pepper and reserved drippings. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with bacon.
1 cup: 94 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 151mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.