Wilted Arugula Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 bacon strips, chopped
- 5 ounces fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1 medium leek (white portion only), thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Dash pepper
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
- In a large bowl, combine the arugula, eggs, leek, tomato and radishes. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, mustard, sugar, pepper and reserved drippings. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with bacon.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 94 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 151mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Jun 1, 2014
This is absolutely delicious. My husband and I love arugula. I grow it each year as it can be difficult to find. I didn't have leeks on hand so used green onion. I have already made this recipe numerous times.
Nov 26, 2013
This is my recipe, just curious why it doesn't say so like my other published recipes?
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.