Wilted Spinach Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2-1/2 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 radish, chopped
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 bacon strips, diced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 hard-boiled large egg, chopped
- In a salad bowl, combine the spinach, onion, radish, salt and pepper; set aside.
- In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Combine the sugar, vinegar and lemon juice; stir into drippings. Cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; add to skillet. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Pour over spinach mixture and toss to coat. Top with bacon and egg.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 177 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 118mg cholesterol, 275mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 2 fat, 1/2 lean meat.
Jun 3, 2018
Made this with spinach from my garden for supper. The dressing was very good and combined well with the salad ingredients!
Jan 26, 2010
I very much like that this recipe is for two, but I find myself doubling and tripling it quite often.
May 27, 2009
Wonderful tasting salad.I tripled the salad for 3 persons.All of us liked the sald and I will make it again soon.It is very healthy.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.