Citrus Spinach Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 10 cups torn fresh spinach
- 3 medium navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 2 medium pink grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1 medium red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- In a blender, combine the honey, lime juice, lime zest and nutmeg; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream until dressing is thickened.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, oranges and grapefruit. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Top with onion. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 109 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 21mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Apr 5, 2019
We thought this dressing was great - in fact I made 4 times the amount so I could keep it in the fridge to go on other salads and fresh fruit! I didn't have lime or lime zest, so I used lemon and it was delicious. I would imagine the lime would be even better! As for the rest of salad you could probably put it over any salad you make and it would spark it up. My husband ate it so quickly, I was amazed. I also added some leftover shrimp and the flavors complemented it, and made it into a main course. This is a "keeper."
Jan 25, 2012
Great with olive oil. Has a unique taste. Very delicious!~ Theresa