Citrus Spinach Salad
Grapefruit and orange segments add zest to this delightful salad that's tossed with a pleasant honey-lime dressing. It's perfect for a springtime luncheon or shower. -Pauline Taylor, Spokane, Washington
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 10 cups torn fresh spinach
- 3 medium navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 2 medium pink grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1 medium red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- In a blender, combine the honey, lime juice, lime zest and nutmeg; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream until dressing is thickened.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, oranges and grapefruit. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Top with onion. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 109 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 21mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Citrus Spinach Salad in Taste of Home February/March 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.