Wilted Green Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 10 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 6 cups torn fresh spinach
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 2 teaspoons sugar
- 4 turkey bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large salad bowl, toss the lettuce, spinach and onions; set aside. In a small saucepan, bring the vinegar, water, oil and sugar substitute to a boil. Pour over lettuce and toss; sprinkle with bacon.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 71 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 132mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Jun 18, 2019
This salad was delicious and low fat.delicious! I am usually not a vinegar and oil dressing fan but this one was very good. I added a hard boiled egg to my salad and used regular bacon.
Jun 10, 2017
I love the idea of adding turkey bacon to this salad for a healthier version of this. Super easy and quick to put together. Great for busy weeknights or weekends. Will definitely try this again.