Wilted Green Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 10 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 6 cups torn fresh spinach
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 2 teaspoons sugar
- 4 turkey bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large salad bowl, toss the lettuce, spinach and onions; set aside. In a small saucepan, bring the vinegar, water, oil and sugar substitute to a boil. Pour over lettuce and toss; sprinkle with bacon.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 71 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 132mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Jun 10, 2017
I love the idea of adding turkey bacon to this salad for a healthier version of this. Super easy and quick to put together. Great for busy weeknights or weekends. Will definitely try this again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.