Warm Wilted Lettuce Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 bunch leaf lettuce, torn
- 6 to 8 radishes, thinly sliced
- 4 to 6 green onions with tops, thinly sliced
- 4 to 5 bacon strips
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Toss lettuce, radishes and onions in a large salad bowl; set aside. In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. To the hot drippings, add vinegar, lemon juice, sugar and pepper; stir well. Immediately pour dressing over salad; toss gently. Crumble the bacon and sprinkle on top.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 76 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 94mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 13, 2016
A delicious way to enjoy my spring lettuce, radishes and green onions from my garden! I added a sliced boiled egg. The dressing was delicious but I would probably double it next time as my bacon didn't cook out a lot of grease.
Apr 17, 2013
This was very good. The only drawback is that it didn't seem like enough dressing.