Green Salad with Tangy Basil Vinaigrette
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk the first six ingredients until blended. In a large bowl, combine salad greens and tomatoes. Drizzle with vinaigrette; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 89 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 214mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Jan 2, 2017
Mar 23, 2012
Made this salad to go along with the Makeover Linguine with Ham & Swiss. What a great combo! This salad was super easy to make and full of flavor. It was a nice change from the "classic" salad. My husband is not very adventurous with salads but absolutely loved this one.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.