Mixed Green Salad
Garlic, basil and crushed red pepper flakes season the light vinaigrette that dresses this refreshing salad. A sprinkling of Parmesan cheese on top gives it even more flavor. -Jody Fisher Stewartstown, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar plus 1-1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 cups torn salad greens
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, garlic, basil and pepper flakes; shake well. In a salad bowl, combine the greens, tomatoes and cucumber. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 110 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 48mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Mixed Green Salad in Taste of Home October/November 2004