Mixed Greens with Orange Juice Vinaigrette
Like a string of pearls on a little black dress, a vinaigrette is a classic way to dress a salad. A little oil, a little vinegar, a tangy infusion of orange juice and a sprinkle of orange peel are just enough - and not too much. —Kristin Bataille, Stamford, Connecticut
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- In a small bowl, whisk the first six ingredients. Place salad greens in a large bowl. Drizzle with vinaigrette; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 47 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 31mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat.
Originally published as Mixed Green Salad with Walnut Oil in Taste of Home February/March 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.