Cioppino-Mixed Green Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup dry white wine, optional
- 3/4 pound peeled and deveined cooked shrimp (31-40 per pound)
- 2 cups lump crabmeat (about 10 ounces), drained
- 16 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 2 jars (7-1/2 ounces each) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained and quartered
- 6 hard-boiled large eggs, quartered lengthwise
- Minced fresh parsley and lemon wedges, optional
- In a large bowl, mix dressing, basil and, if desired, wine. Add shrimp and crab; toss gently to combine. Refrigerate, covered, 2 hours.
- Add greens, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, onion, olives and eggs; toss gently to combine. If desired, sprinkle with parsley and serve with lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 285 calories, 17g fat (3g saturated fat), 190mg cholesterol, 888mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 11, 2015
I omitted the wine. Really good!
Apr 25, 2015
This was deliciouse, l made it for the senior's tea at church.. I cut strips of chicken breast instead of the seafood. The wine really mellowed the dressing. Janet. FE
Mar 29, 2015
Wow-this was really good. Great for a warm spring or summer evening dinner but also fancy enough to take to a potluck or dinner party. Be sure to drain everything really well. I served it with warm garlic bread.