Cioppino-Mixed Green Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup dry white wine, optional
- 3/4 pound peeled and deveined cooked shrimp (31-40 per pound)
- 2 cups lump crabmeat (about 10 ounces), drained
- 16 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 2 jars (7-1/2 ounces each) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained and quartered
- 6 hard-boiled large eggs, quartered lengthwise
- Minced fresh parsley and lemon wedges, optional
- In a large bowl, mix dressing, basil and, if desired, wine. Add shrimp and crab; toss gently to combine. Refrigerate, covered, 2 hours.
- Add greens, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, onion, olives and eggs; toss gently to combine. If desired, sprinkle with parsley and serve with lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 285 calories, 17g fat (3g saturated fat), 190mg cholesterol, 888mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein.
Jun 11, 2015
I omitted the wine. Really good!
Apr 25, 2015
This was deliciouse, l made it for the senior's tea at church.. I cut strips of chicken breast instead of the seafood. The wine really mellowed the dressing. Janet. FE
Mar 29, 2015
Wow-this was really good. Great for a warm spring or summer evening dinner but also fancy enough to take to a potluck or dinner party. Be sure to drain everything really well. I served it with warm garlic bread.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.