Shrimp Spinach Salad
Shrimp and garlic are sauteed in butter then set atop a bed of spinach. Almonds, tomatoes and a squeeze of lemon finish off this beauty. Perfecto! Jamie Larson — Dodge Center, Minnesota
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 medium lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add the shrimp. Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Add garlic and parsley; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat.
- Place spinach in a salad bowl. Top with tomatoes, almonds and shrimp mixture. Squeeze juice from the lemon; drizzle over salad. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 201 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 153mg cholesterol, 350mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Shrimp Scampi Spinach Salad in Healthy Cooking April/May 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.