Artichoke Arugula Salad
Fresh and packed with artichokes, dried cranberries and flavor, this salad is sure to be a favorite. —Barbara Begley, Fairfield, Ohio
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 cups fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat raspberry vinaigrette
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Drizzle with vinaigrette; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 158 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 314mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
Originally published as Arugala Surprise in Healthy Cooking June/July 2011
Jun 9, 2013
Very good and easy to make(pretty too). I wasn't too sure about the raspberry vin. (I'm not a huge raspberry fan) but the combination of flavors was delicious.
Dec 11, 2011
Very good. I used the baby spinach and cranraisons.