Baked Nectarine Chicken Salad
This casserole is a fun twist on a classic. Folks love the crunchy chow mein noodles on top. I love that I can make it a day in advance and refrigerate until it's time to serve. Serve with hot bread or rolls. —Faye Robinson, Pensacola, Florida
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1-1/3 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 8 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 4 medium nectarines, coarsely chopped
- 8 green onions, sliced
- 2 cans (3 ounces each) crispy chow mein noodles
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, mix the first 5 ingredients. In a large bowl, combine chicken, celery, nectarines and onions. Add mayonnaise mixture; toss gently to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with noodles. Bake, uncovered, until heated through, 20-25 minutes.
To Make Ahead: Can be made a day in advance. Cover and refrigerate. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Sprinkle with noodles. Bake as directed.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 539 calories, 37g fat (7g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 911mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein.
Originally published as Baked Nectarine and Chicken Salad in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2016
Jun 7, 2018
This was very good. I had to change it up a bit due to what i had on hand. I mixed cream of chicken soup with mayo ( because I didnt have enough mayo),and i used mandarin oranges. Its definetely a keeper.