Chicken Salad Bake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 small green or sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts, halved
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup Miracle Whip Light
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine Miracle Whip Light, garlic powder and pepper; stir into chicken mixture.
- Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes.
- Toss bread crumbs with butter; sprinkle over chicken mixture. Top with cheese. Bake 7-10 minutes longer or until heated through and top is lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 311 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 516mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein.
Nov 1, 2012
This was good, but I will bake it a bit longer next time. The veggies weren't really cooked- I like a little crunch, but the onions, pepper, and celery were practically raw. Other than that, this was tasty and simple to prepare.
Jul 19, 2011
we loved this recipe
Oct 5, 2009
The recipe calls for Miracle Whip not mayo or salad dressing.
Jul 2, 2009
"salad dressing" is another name for mayonnaise.
Mar 12, 2009
What kind of salad dressing?