Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) penne pasta
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 medium carrots, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup blue cheese salad dressing
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, saute chicken in 1 tablespoon oil until no longer pink. Remove from skillet. In same skillet, saute carrots, celery and onion in remaining oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Stir in salad dressing, mayonnaise and hot sauce into skillet. Drain pasta. Add pasta and chicken to skillet; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and bread crumbs. Drizzle with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 719 calories, 45g fat (12g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 586mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 27g protein.
Feb 6, 2018
Love this recipe. Used half as much pasta, kept the rest the same. Froze half in 8x8 and it turned out just as wonderful. Yum!
Mar 23, 2017
The flavor was great, mild enough for my youngest to enjoy. The problem though comes with all the greasy feel to the dish.
Jan 13, 2015
This recipe is perfect as it is. If it's dry then you did something wrong. I've probably made this recipe 5-10 times. To lessen the mess, I use a heavy duty pot to boil the noodles, then saut? the meat and then the veggies in that same pot. Then I bake it in that pot. (It's a calphalon pot.) this recipe ROCKS.
Dec 19, 2014
This was just okay. Nice and spicy, but just a bit dry. Neither my husband nor my college son had much enthusiasm for it either. I wouldn't make it again.
Dec 18, 2014
I wouldn't even try this one. It has way too much fat in it. A heart attack waiting to happen.
Jul 15, 2014
This was excellent! I'm a big fan of anything hot or spicy but the rest of the family prefers mild so I used only 1/3 cup of Louisiana hot sauce. I also used Ranch dressing instead of bleu cheese as that is all I had. Had to use fiesta blend cheese since I didn't have any swiss. It went over very well with the family. I know I'll be making this again and again and again :-)
Dec 29, 2013
Delicious! I used ranch instead of blue cheese as that's what I had on hand. Would be fantastic with blue cheese as well in my opinion. I made it with chicken leftovers.
Nov 24, 2013
For the hot sauce, I used Tabasco. I substituted Monterey Jack and spaghetti. I would delete the bread crumbs.
Jun 11, 2013
I used Frank's Red Hot, Ranch & shredded cheddar (couldn't find shredded swiss) It was fantastic!
Feb 1, 2013
I used different amounts of some of the ingredients than in the recipe, but the flavors are AMAZING! My honey and I both had seconds :)
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.