Mexican Pasta Bake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 ounces uncooked spiral pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the taco seasoning, tomato sauce, green pepper and spices. Bring to a boil; remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile, combine the pasta, 1/2 cup cheese and sour cream. Spoon into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with meat mixture and remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 434 calories, 20g fat (9g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 1034mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein.
Jun 26, 2020
I make this with gluten-free elbow noodles and meatless grounds to make it gluten and meat free. Tastes wonderful and I usually have the other ingredients in the pantry on any given day. It's a great weeknight meal or even to take to a pot luck or large gathering.
Apr 10, 2020
More of everything. Rotel with peppers. Jack cheese. Yum. Could add beans, corn, black olives, tortillas, green onions.
May 30, 2018
Easy and tasty, I did add more cheese and sour cream and only had 1/2 box of spiral pasta and that worked great. I also added 1T of chili powder in addition to the taco seasoning. My family enjoyed it, that's what matters!
Dec 17, 2017
Made this for dinner , very good I really loved it.
Dec 16, 2017
Thought is was slightly bland. Will make again but add a bit more seasoning to it it was quick and easy to make.
Jul 6, 2017
Very good weeknight meal. I added corn to it. The taste was just a little on the strong side.
Jan 19, 2017
YUMMY! I doubled the cheese and sour cream when I made this and it was SO creamy and delicious! Great recipe! This is going to be a go-to recipe for me!
Jan 16, 2017
I made this for my 3 adult men and they loved this it was a hit and easy to make.
Dec 8, 2016
Loved it....will definitely make again!
Jun 29, 2016
Quick, easy & hearty meal!! Great for a busy night!