Spaghetti Casserole Bake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
Makes2 casseroles (4 servings each)
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 cans (14-3/4 ounces each) spaghetti in tomato sauce with cheese
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, green pepper, onion, salt and pepper over medium-high heat for 10-12 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in the spaghetti, mushrooms and olives.
- Transfer to two greased 8-in. square baking dishes. Sprinkle with cheeses. Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Bake remaining casserole, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown.
- To use frozen casserole: Remove from the freezer 30 minutes before baking (do not thaw). Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 342 calories, 20g fat (12g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 1073mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein.
Jul 24, 2018
I have not tried this, but I believe the recipe calls for canned spaghetti in cheese sauce. It is found with the Chef Boyardee canned foods. Campbell's has one in particular (it used to be Franco American Spaghetti). I will try it as it seems to be quick and easy and very cheesy.
Jun 23, 2018
This was okay and certainly easy. It needs a lot of oregano, basil, and garlic. I left out the green pepper and black olives. Might make again some time
Mar 6, 2018
People are using pasta sauce. Is it pasta sauce or is it like chef boy o de
Apr 20, 2015
I thought this had spaghetti pasta until I was halfway through. However, I went with it and made it as instructed, excluding olives. It was too liquid-y and not visually appealing. The taste was saved by the onions and garlic. I won't be making this again. It would be much better with pasta and not canned stuff.
Jun 13, 2011
Delicious!! I only had 1 26 oz jar of sauce to use, and it worked out fine. I didn't have any mushrooms, which I was upset about, but it turned out fine. I can't wait to eat the frozen dish!