Chicken Enchilada Bake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min. + standing
- 4-1/2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 can (28 ounces) green enchilada sauce
- 1-1/4 cups sour cream
- 9 corn tortillas (6 inches), cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 4 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer half of each of the following: chicken, enchilada sauce, sour cream, tortillas and cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake, covered, 40 minutes. Uncover; bake until bubbly, about 10 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes before serving. Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked casserole. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 375°. Bake casserole as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 469 calories, 29g fat (14g saturated fat), 113mg cholesterol, 1077mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 34g protein.
May 29, 2018
Delish! Very easy compared to they way I usually make Chicken enchiladas.
Mar 19, 2018
Good recipe! I made one half recipe and baked in an 8-inch square pan. I didn't have green enchilada sauce, so I substituted with Salsa Verde. I also used pepper jack cheese and flour tortillas since I didn't have corn tortillas. This was very good, and I will make it again.
Dec 13, 2017
Really easy and yummy. My family enjoyed it.
Oct 22, 2017
I just made this for sunday dinner with mex rice, refried beans,and guacamole, and it was a big success. My husband said it was better than our favorite tex/mex restaurant makes them. Delicious!
Oct 22, 2017
I just made this for Sunday dinner with mexican rice,refried beans and guacamole. It was a big success! My husband said it was better than our favorite tex/mex restaurant makes it.
Oct 20, 2017
I can't wait to make this! Looks delicious, easy to make.
Sep 30, 2017
we love this recipe. We alter it a little sometimes in of chicken we use browned ground turkey.We love all the flavors.. Mexican food is one of our favorites.
Jul 31, 2017
I liked this. I made my own green enchilada sauce and seasoned chicken.
May 21, 2017
Disappointed. I can eat it, but not a recipe I want to make again.
May 14, 2017
This recipe tastes good but too much sour cream. I would cut it in half if I make it again. Better still serve it on the side. The recipe is similar to a layered chicken enchilada that I created several years ago for the microwave.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.