Chicken Enchilada Bake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min. + standing
- 4-1/2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 can (28 ounces) green enchilada sauce
- 1-1/4 cups sour cream
- 9 corn tortillas (6 inches), cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 4 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer half of each of the following: chicken, enchilada sauce, sour cream, tortillas and cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake, covered, 40 minutes. Uncover; bake until bubbly, about 10 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes before serving. Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked casserole. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 375°. Bake casserole as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 469 calories, 29g fat (14g saturated fat), 113mg cholesterol, 1077mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 34g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 29, 2018
Delish! Very easy compared to they way I usually make Chicken enchiladas.
Mar 19, 2018
Good recipe! I made one half recipe and baked in an 8-inch square pan. I didn't have green enchilada sauce, so I substituted with Salsa Verde. I also used pepper jack cheese and flour tortillas since I didn't have corn tortillas. This was very good, and I will make it again.
Dec 13, 2017
Really easy and yummy. My family enjoyed it.
Oct 22, 2017
I just made this for sunday dinner with mex rice, refried beans,and guacamole, and it was a big success. My husband said it was better than our favorite tex/mex restaurant makes them. Delicious!
Oct 22, 2017
I just made this for Sunday dinner with mexican rice,refried beans and guacamole. It was a big success! My husband said it was better than our favorite tex/mex restaurant makes it.
Oct 20, 2017
I can't wait to make this! Looks delicious, easy to make.
Sep 30, 2017
we love this recipe. We alter it a little sometimes in of chicken we use browned ground turkey.We love all the flavors.. Mexican food is one of our favorites.
Jul 31, 2017
I liked this. I made my own green enchilada sauce and seasoned chicken.
May 21, 2017
Disappointed. I can eat it, but not a recipe I want to make again.
May 14, 2017
This recipe tastes good but too much sour cream. I would cut it in half if I make it again. Better still serve it on the side. The recipe is similar to a layered chicken enchilada that I created several years ago for the microwave.