Apple Chicken Salad
Now that my six children are grown, I make lots of small-portion meals. This tasty salad is one of my favorite recipes because it’s colorful, a little different and it contains healthy ingredients.—Anne Stevens, Lake Charles, Louisiana
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken
- 2 to 4 tablespoons regular or light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons diced green pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped pimientos
- Dash dried rosemary, crushed
- Dash lemon-pepper seasoning
- Lettuce leaf
- In a small bowl, combine first seven ingredients. Chill until ready to serve. Place lettuce leaf on a serving plate and top with the chilled chicken salad.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 554 calories, 33g fat (6g saturated fat), 135mg cholesterol, 300mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 4g fiber), 41g protein.
Originally published as Apple Chicken Salad in Taste of Home April/May 1993
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.