Greek Chicken & Rice
A fresh take on comfort food, Greek chicken and rice is my go-to on busy weeknights and when unexpected company stops by. Boost the health benefits and toss in chopped spinach. —Savannah Lay, Baker City, Oregon
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 jar (12 ounces) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 jar (12 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1/3 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup Greek olives, sliced
- 1 package (8.80 ounces) ready-to-serve brown rice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Sprinkle chicken with garlic powder and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook and stir until no longer pink, 8-10 minutes. Stir in artichokes, roasted peppers, tomatoes and olives. Cook and stir until heated through, 3-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare rice according to package directions. Serve with chicken. Sprinkle with parsley.