German-Style Kielbasa and Noodles
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + standing Cook: 20 min.
- 5-1/2 cups coleslaw mix
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1/2 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds, optional
- Place coleslaw mix in a colander over a plate; sprinkle with salt and toss. Let stand for 30 minutes. Rinse and drain well.
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute kielbasa and onion in butter until onion is tender. Add the coleslaw mix, sugar and pepper; cover and cook over medium-low heat for 10-15 minutes or until heated through. Stir in poppy seeds if desired. Drain noodles; serve with cabbage mixture.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 369 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 110mg cholesterol, 2442mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 5g fiber), 24g protein.
Nov 11, 2013
Loved this! Super easy and tasty :)
Sep 16, 2013
Good fall dish. I added chopped apples to the kielbasa and onion.
Jun 3, 2013
Really like this a lot.
Mar 25, 2012
My husband and I really enjoyed this!
Feb 21, 2010
I rated 5 stars...I don't know why it came up as 2 stars when I entered it!
Feb 21, 2010
Quick and easy. I actually mixed the noodles right into the dish. Very tasty.