German-Style Kielbasa and Noodles
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + standing Cook: 20 min.
- 5-1/2 cups coleslaw mix
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1/2 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds, optional
- Place coleslaw mix in a colander over a plate; sprinkle with salt and toss. Let stand for 30 minutes. Rinse and drain well.
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute kielbasa and onion in butter until onion is tender. Add the coleslaw mix, sugar and pepper; cover and cook over medium-low heat for 10-15 minutes or until heated through. Stir in poppy seeds if desired. Drain noodles; serve with cabbage mixture.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 369 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 110mg cholesterol, 2442mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 5g fiber), 24g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 11, 2013
Loved this! Super easy and tasty :)
Sep 16, 2013
Good fall dish. I added chopped apples to the kielbasa and onion.
Jun 3, 2013
Really like this a lot.
Mar 25, 2012
My husband and I really enjoyed this!
Feb 21, 2010
I rated 5 stars...I don't know why it came up as 2 stars when I entered it!
Feb 21, 2010
Quick and easy. I actually mixed the noodles right into the dish. Very tasty.