Kielbasa Potato Soup
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1 medium leek, (white portion only), halved and sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 medium potato, peeled and diced
- 1/3 pound fully cooked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/8 teaspoon each caraway and cumin seeds, toasted
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced fresh spinach
- In a large saucepan, saute leek in butter until tender. Add broth and potato; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potato is tender.
- Stir in the sausage, cream caraway and cumin; heat through (do not boil). Just before serving, add the spinach.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 546 calories, 39g fat (18g saturated fat), 107mg cholesterol, 1773mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 15g protein.
Nov 29, 2013
My family loved this soup! I did adjust it a bit by using Fat Free Half and Half, Fresh Kale instead of Spinach, and Pepper. I also tripled the recipe to accommodate for my families size as well. I can only imagine how awesome and rich it would have been had I not had to make it less fattening. Definitely a keeper. Great for cold winter days!
Feb 6, 2012
So quick to make. I tripled the recipe to accommodate for the size of our family though. Substituted diced onions for leeks, although I think leeks would have added a more complex dimension. Will try it next time.
Sep 15, 2011
I made this for my husband and he loved it. I also modified by adding beacon and chopped chives..and sprinkled shredded cheese yum..