Kielbasa Potato Soup
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1 medium leek, (white portion only), halved and sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 medium potato, peeled and diced
- 1/3 pound fully cooked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/8 teaspoon each caraway and cumin seeds, toasted
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced fresh spinach
- In a large saucepan, saute leek in butter until tender. Add broth and potato; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potato is tender.
- Stir in the sausage, cream caraway and cumin; heat through (do not boil). Just before serving, add the spinach.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 546 calories, 39g fat (18g saturated fat), 107mg cholesterol, 1773mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 15g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 29, 2013
My family loved this soup! I did adjust it a bit by using Fat Free Half and Half, Fresh Kale instead of Spinach, and Pepper. I also tripled the recipe to accommodate for my families size as well. I can only imagine how awesome and rich it would have been had I not had to make it less fattening. Definitely a keeper. Great for cold winter days!
Feb 6, 2012
So quick to make. I tripled the recipe to accommodate for the size of our family though. Substituted diced onions for leeks, although I think leeks would have added a more complex dimension. Will try it next time.
Sep 15, 2011
I made this for my husband and he loved it. I also modified by adding beacon and chopped chives..and sprinkled shredded cheese yum..