Kielbasa Hot Potato Slaw
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 package (14 ounces) smoked turkey kielbasa, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 medium red potatoes (about 8 ounces), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup sliced sweet onion
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 package (14 ounces) coleslaw mix
- In a small bowl, whisk the first six ingredients until smooth. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add kielbasa, potatoes, onion, red pepper and bacon; cook and stir 3-5 minutes or until kielbasa is lightly browned.
- Add water and bouillon; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 6-8 minutes or until potatoes are almost tender. Add coleslaw; cook, covered, 4-6 minutes longer or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 305 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 1529mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 4g fiber), 21g protein.
Feb 7, 2018
I was on the hunt for a new kielbasa recipe to try, this was great. I left out the bacon and used a power packed slaw mix (kale, kohlrabi, golden beets and cabbage) instead of traditional slaw. Definitely a keeper.
Feb 3, 2016
I followed the recipe except I only had a 1/2 of a sausage, I really didn't miss it. I don't like red pepper, but chopped it and didn't even know it was there. Hubby liked it, that a plus.
Feb 3, 2016
I usually try to make a recipe as close to the directions as possible the first time, but in this case I used what I had, which was brussel sprouts and omitted the sweet red pepper because I did not have any. I also cooked the potatoes ahead to shorten the time. I thought this was very yummy and it will go into a regular rotation...I will try it with the cabbage next time. :)
Feb 2, 2016
This is really good but "lighter"? 1500 mg sodium, and saturated fat? I think I would not call lighter. But aside from that, I love the vinegar "bite".
Mar 8, 2015
This was really good. It made 4 nice sized servings. Next time I'll have to cut the potatoes a little smaller so they're softer.
Nov 9, 2014
This is very good, I wish I would have made more! Next time I will double the potatoes ( I used baby reds) and the sauce
Oct 30, 2014
I made this tonight and we really liked it. I think I might put in a little less vinegar and more mustard next time, but it was still good as is.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.