Kielbasa Cabbage Dinner
Spicy kielbasa sausage and plentiful cabbage and potatoes give this dish a pleasing, Old World flair. My husband never liked cabbage before I made this, but now he does! —Romaine Wetzel, Ronks, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 1-1/4 hours
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 large head cabbage (4 pounds), coarsely chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 4 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 3 to 4 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- In a Dutch oven, brown sausage in 2 tablespoons butter; remove and set aside. In the same pan, saute cabbage and onions in remaining butter until onions are tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the tomato sauce, sugar and paprika; pour over cabbage mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Add the potatoes and reserved sausage. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Nutrition Facts1-3/4 cups: 371 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 796mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 9g fiber), 12g protein.
Originally published as Cabbage and Kielbasa in tasteofhome.com
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.