Kielbasa Pepper Pasta
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1/2 cup julienned green pepper
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 pound fully cooked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the peppers and onion in butter until tender. Add the sausage. salt and pepper; cook and stir until sausage is heated through. Drain pasta and add to skillet; toss to coat.
Aug 13, 2015
Used this as a basic recipe; added minced garlic, paprika, and a Hungarian spice blend I have. Made a bit of a sauce with the pasta water and some beef bullion; otherwise, I think it would be rather bland.
Jun 19, 2013
I made a few changes to this recipe; I left out the red peppers but added fresh garlic and squash. Unfortunately only one of my children liked it and I didn't really care for it either.
Apr 5, 2011
I make this all the time, it's quick,easy and my family enjoys it.
Apr 18, 2010
I made a couple of adjustments. We like peppers, so I used 1 green & 1 red pepper. Increased the red onion to 1/4 cup and added 1 clove garlic minced. Saute the peppers, etc. in 2 tbls canola oil & 2 tbls butter. Increased the salt to 1/4 tsp. Served with garlic toast. This was very tasty and will definitely make again.
Nov 28, 2009
My family really liked this. Easy and tasty.