Chorizo Burrito Bowls
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 package (12 ounces) fully cooked jalapeno or chorizo chicken sausage links, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve brown rice
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup crumbled queso fresco or shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add sausage; cook and stir until lightly browned. Remove from pan.
- Add onion to same skillet; cook and stir 3-5 minutes or until tender. Stir in beans, tomatoes, corn and sausage; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Stir in rice and spinach; cook 2-3 minutes or until heated through and spinach is wilted. Sprinkle with cheese and cilantro.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 425 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 1275mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 8g fiber), 27g protein.
Feb 25, 2017
Quick bowl to put together. I couldn't find either sausage types specified so I used green chile chicken sausages. I also omitted the corn. The recipe didn't specify whether to cook the rice or not but I did follow the package directions to cook.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.