Chorizo Burrito Bowls
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 package (12 ounces) fully cooked jalapeno or chorizo chicken sausage links, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve brown rice
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup crumbled queso fresco or shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add sausage; cook and stir until lightly browned. Remove from pan.
- Add onion to same skillet; cook and stir 3-5 minutes or until tender. Stir in beans, tomatoes, corn and sausage; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Stir in rice and spinach; cook 2-3 minutes or until heated through and spinach is wilted. Sprinkle with cheese and cilantro.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 425 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 1275mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 8g fiber), 27g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 3, 2019
Great recipe. Changed out the rice for California rice and added Avocado
May 16, 2019
Made a few changes to make less calories: used turkey sausage, black rice (half amount)
Feb 25, 2017
Quick bowl to put together. I couldn't find either sausage types specified so I used green chile chicken sausages. I also omitted the corn. The recipe didn't specify whether to cook the rice or not but I did follow the package directions to cook.