I modified a bean soup recipe and came up with this wonderful chili. I make it mild, as that's how my family likes it, then I just add Tabasco sauce to spice up my bowl. Feel free to make it vegetarian by using soy chorizo and vegetable broth. —Jenne Delkus, Des Peres, Missouri
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (16 ounces) chunky salsa
- 1 can (15 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 package (12 ounces) fully cooked Spanish chorizo links, chopped
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 to 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Combine first 9 ingredients in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low 5-6 hours or until flavors are blended. Serve with avocado, sour cream and cilantro.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 366 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 1262mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 10g fiber), 18g protein.
Originally published as Mexican Chorizo Chili in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2019
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.