Santa Fe Chili
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 4 hours
Makes16 servings (4 quarts)
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cans (7 ounces each) white or shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) V8 juice
- 2 envelopes ranch salad dressing mix
- 2 envelopes taco seasoning
- Sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and corn chips, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the beans, corn, tomatoes, juice, salad dressing mix and taco seasoning.
- Cover and cook on high for 4-6 hours or until heated through. Serve with sour cream, cheese and corn chips if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 224 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 1513mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 15g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 17, 2017
Excellent, but I did need to add additional seasonings to give it more heat. I used the Spicy V8 Juice, Crushed Red Pepper and Cumin. I also only used 1 envelope of ranch salad dressing (just concerned about sodium). Will definitely make again!
Apr 29, 2017
We enjoyed this for dinner tonight. Made half a recipe to fit in our slow cooker. Very easy to make, and has a wonderful flavor. Thank you for sharing this recipe.
Feb 23, 2016
Awesome chili! We loved it. Added a little more V-8.
Jan 28, 2016
I wasn't sure about the seasoning packets but wow this is the best chili. I did change one thing because my husband doesn't like ground beef, i used ground lamb...amazing. thank you for the recipe. Even better next day.
Dec 24, 2015
Big hit with everyone
Sep 9, 2014
I used all the ingredients the recipe calls for, but made quite a few changes to the amounts & measurements. I only used 1 can of each of the beans, cut way back on the corn & used 4 cups of V8 juice. I also only used 1 packet of each of the seasonings. Loved it the way I made it!
Mar 31, 2014
the whole family loved it and voted this is the only chili I am to make from now on
Mar 29, 2014
Made it just as written and it was great! I will now try the spicy V8 and red pepper next time. This is a keeper.
Mar 27, 2014
Delicious! I added the Crushed Red Pepper flakes as suggested by another poster, and I put in about a teaspoon of ground cumin seed as well as about 1.5 teaspoons of dried cilantro.
Mar 19, 2014
Because of all the good ratings, I made this recipe today for lunch. Only made 1/4 recipe since I am cooking for 2 and didn't want a lot of leftovers if we didn't care for it. Wish I had just halved the recipe! This is fantastic! Unlike any chili we have ever eaten but it really is great. Had to make a special trip to the store for the corn chips as we don't keep that kind of thing on hand but so glad we made the effort. They really added that extra touch to a truly great and easy meal. Thank you so much!