Santa Fe Chipotle Chili
Sausage and ground beef make this spiced-up chili a meat lover's delight. I can freeze and reheat it later without sacrificing any of the flavor. —Angela Spengler, Tampa, Florida
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 35 min.
Makes8 servings (3 quarts)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup canned diced jalapeno peppers
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Optional toppings: Sour cream, shredded Monterey Jack cheese and crushed tortilla chips
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, cook beef, sausage and onion over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until beef and sausage are no longer pink and onion is tender, breaking up beef and sausage into crumbles; drain.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, beans, corn, jalapeno peppers, chili powder, chipotle pepper and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Serve with toppings as desired.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 419 calories, 21g fat (6g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 1646mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 11g fiber), 27g protein.
Originally published as Santa Fe Style Sausage and Beef Chipotle Chili in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2016