Santa Fe Chipotle Chili
Sausage and ground beef make this spiced-up chili a meat lover's delight. I can freeze and reheat it later without sacrificing any of the flavor. —Angela Spengler, Tampa, Florida
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 35 min.
Makes8 servings (3 quarts)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup canned diced jalapeno peppers
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Optional toppings: Sour cream, shredded Monterey Jack cheese and crushed tortilla chips
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, cook beef, sausage and onion over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until beef and sausage are no longer pink and onion is tender, breaking up beef and sausage into crumbles; drain.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, beans, corn, jalapeno peppers, chili powder, chipotle pepper and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Serve with toppings as desired.