Chipotle Chili Dogs
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 hot dogs
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2-1/2 teaspoons minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 hot dog buns, split
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 3 tablespoons salsa
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Cook hot dogs according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, chipotle peppers, chili powder, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until flavors are blended, 4-5 minutes.
- Place hot dogs in buns. Spoon chili over hot dogs. In a small bowl, combine sour cream and salsa; spoon over tops. Sprinkle with cheese and green onions.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 420 calories, 25g fat (12g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 1096mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein.
Jul 6, 2014
Very good. This could be a sloppy joe recipe as well as a hot dog topping. I didn't have an onion, I don't think it really mattered.
Jul 18, 2013
Yum! these are delicious. I like to add a bit more adobo sauce to the meat. It adds a little bit more spice but no so much that my lips fall off.
Feb 11, 2013
We loved these but they should probably be called "Sloppy Chipotle Chili Dogs" cause they are really messy:)
Jul 1, 2012
My family loved this recipe and I loved how quick and easy it was to make!
Jun 22, 2011
I made this for my birthday w/ the ranch fries. It was easy and really good. I will def make again.
Jun 19, 2011
This chili was very easy to make and tasted great! The chili, sour cream sauce and green onions went so well together. My husband said it was one of the best chili dogs that he has ever had!