Chipotle Beef Sandwiches
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 7 hours
- 1 large sweet onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (3 pounds)
- 1 jar (16 ounces) chipotle salsa
- 1/2 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1 envelope Lipton beefy onion soup mix
- 10 kaiser rolls, split
- Place onion in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cut roast in half; place over onion. Combine the salsa, beer and soup mix. Pour over top. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast. Shred meat with two forks and return to the slow cooker; heat through. Using a slotted spoon, spoon shredded meat onto rolls.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 362 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 524mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch.
Aug 3, 2015
Very simple and tasty. Not too much heat for my kids.
Jun 12, 2011
Made this for dinner and it was delicious!
Feb 6, 2011
This is a easy recipe to put together and effortless for a crowd or the end of a busy day. Savory flavor with a hint of spice, with the chipotle pepper. Definitely a keeper.
Feb 4, 2011
Turned out very good. I love chipotle chiles so I couldn't wait to try it. I didn't make any modifications to this recipe.
Feb 3, 2011
I MAKE THIS RECIPE, BUT USE A JAR OF MARZETTI MILD PEPPER RINGS,INCUDING JUICE INSTEAD OF SALSA. THEY ARE GREAT. IF YOU LIKE HEAT, USE THE HOT PEPPERS.SELOGY
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.