Bandito Chili Dogs
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1 package (1 pound) hot dogs
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) chili without beans
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles
- 10 hot dog buns, split
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 to 2 cups corn chips, coarsely crushed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Place hot dogs in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the chili, soup and green chiles; pour over hot dogs. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- Serve hot dogs in buns; top with chili mixture, onion, corn chips and cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 chili dog: 450 calories, 23g fat (10g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 1442mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 19g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 13, 2018
Easy to make and really quite good.
Apr 6, 2017
Will make again
Sep 4, 2016
My husband and I thought this was pretty good. I thought it was lacking something, but I did leave out the green chilies (I don't like spicy food), so that might be why. Next time I'll add in some of the onion to the slow cooker. Maybe some green pepper or something too. We did like this, so we'd make it again either way. It's a great way to use leftover hot dogs.
Apr 4, 2013
These taste just like the coneys you get from Sonic and they are so easy to prepare. One of our favorite meals.
Jul 8, 2012
Family loves the recipe it is something differently, but tastes great. We make it every time we have a chane.
Jan 14, 2012
A great easy fast recipe. I agree with 5hungrykids in that it's not much different than regular chili dogs, but I also like how it all cooked in the crockpot together. My family loved it.
Jun 11, 2008
This recipe was good, though not sure that it is much different than just regular chili dogs. I had way more chili topping than I did hot dogs. Next time I will use two packages of hot dogs. Love the idea of all of it cooking in the crockpot together. Very quick and easy, which is what my family needs! Thank you for the recipe.