Mexican Hot Dogs
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 hot dogs
- 6 hot dog buns, split
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a small bowl, mash avocado with a fork, stirring in lime juice, salt and pepper. Grill hot dogs, covered, over medium heat 7-9 minutes or until heated through, turning occasionally.
- Serve in buns. Top with avocado mixture, tomato, onion and bacon.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 310 calories, 19g fat (7g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 844mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Jul 31, 2016
These were a big hit with the whole family! I put all of the toppings on a plate and let my kids add them on their own. You really can't go wrong with avocado and bacon :)
May 24, 2016
I used premade guacamole and skipped the tomatoes, preferring to add some Mexican cheese and a few jalapenos to the adults' plates. I love the ease of this meal - ready in no time with a different flavor profile than the usual ketchup or mustard. Also very customizable. My daughter wouldn't eat the guacamole or the onion but piled on the bacon and cheese instead. Very easy but something a little outside the norm.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.