- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 5 garlic cloves, halved
- 1 tablespoon ground chipotle pepper or ground ancho chile pepper
- 2-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Place the first 12 ingredients in a blender; cover and process until pureed. Transfer marinade to a large bowl or shallow dish. Add chicken; turn to coat. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium-high heat or broil 4 in. from heat until a thermometer reads 170°, 6-8 minutes on each side. Let rest 10 minutes before slicing.
Can You Freeze Chipotle Chicken?
Place cooled chicken in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Microwave, covered, on high in a microwave-safe dish until heated through, stirring gently.
4 ounces cooked chicken: 284 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated fat), 113mg cholesterol, 297mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 32g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 fat.