Chipotle Cheese Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Hot cooked potatoes or eggs
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add chipotle peppers; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in flour and pepper until blended; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheese until melted. Serve over potatoes.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 137 calories, 10g fat (7g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 162mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Jul 16, 2011
I made this recipe exaclty as it was written and didn't think it was too hot. I took it to a potluck and got many compliments from those who like spicy foods.
Mar 8, 2011
Don't know where Melissa gets her chipotle peppers, but I had to reduce the quantity down to 2 TEASPOONS in order to not destroy every taste bud in my mouth!I thought it also needed a dash or two of salt.Other than that, this was lovely on baked potatoes, fresh bread, whole grain crackers, and pasta.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.