Chipotle Cheese Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Hot cooked potatoes or eggs
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add chipotle peppers; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in flour and pepper until blended; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheese until melted. Serve over potatoes.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 137 calories, 10g fat (7g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 162mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Jul 16, 2011
I made this recipe exaclty as it was written and didn't think it was too hot. I took it to a potluck and got many compliments from those who like spicy foods.
Mar 8, 2011
Don't know where Melissa gets her chipotle peppers, but I had to reduce the quantity down to 2 TEASPOONS in order to not destroy every taste bud in my mouth!I thought it also needed a dash or two of salt.Other than that, this was lovely on baked potatoes, fresh bread, whole grain crackers, and pasta.