Chipotle Mexican Street Corn Dip with Goat Cheese
I was craving Mexican street corn that I had during a recent trip to Puerto Vallarta, so I came up with this fabulous dip. It blends the traditional profile of the popular street food with updated flavors for a tasty twist. —Joseph A Sciascia, San Mateo, California
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + cooling Bake: 35 min.
- 3 medium ears sweet corn
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Tortilla chips
- Brush corn with oil. Grill corn, covered, over medium heat until lightly browned and tender, 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally. Cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut corn from cobs; transfer to a large bowl. Stir in goat cheese, mayonnaise, green chiles, pimientos, green onions, chipotle pepper, cilantro, lime juice and zest, cumin and chili powder. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake until bubbly and golden brown, 35-40 minutes. Serve with tortilla chips.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 157 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 182mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Chipotle Mexican Street Corn Dip with Goat Cheese in Simple & Delicious June/July 2019
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.