Fresh Corn & Avocado Dip
I alter my sister's dip recipe by adding finely chopped jalapeno for a little heat. It's a different way of serving corn as a dip that can be made ahead of time and refrigerated until serving. —Pat Roberts, Thornton, Ontario
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 small peach, peeled and chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 minced and seeded jalapeno pepper, optional
- Baked tortilla chips
- Combine first 11 ingredients; add salt and pepper and, if desired, jalapeno. Serve with tortilla chips.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup (calculated without chips): 52 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
May 17, 2018
I doubled the recipe, grilled the corn, and used it as a side dish. Everyone loved it.
May 30, 2017
Delicious. I left out the jalapeno. Next time I will add this for a little kick!!!