Mexican Corn Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + standing
- 4 large eggs
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1-1/2 cups cornmeal
- 1-1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Jalapeno pepper and sweet red pepper rings, optional
- Beat eggs in a large bowl; add the next eight ingredients and mix well. Stir in 2 cups cheese. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1 hour. Top with remaining cheese. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving. Garnish with peppers if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 316 calories, 21g fat (13g saturated fat), 114mg cholesterol, 570mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Feb 7, 2014
This became a family favorite after I made it the first time when it was first published years ago. I take it to just about every get together because it travels so well. Tonight I am making it for my family, just because!
May 21, 2012
This recipe turned out exactly like the picture. I thought it was good. I took it to a pot luck dinner. It was a very good side dish and easy to make!
Nov 27, 2011
I would make this again if I needed a cornbread side dish. I was hoping it would be more like a pudding or at least a spoon bread. It worked out ok.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.