Mexican Corn Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + standing
- 4 large eggs
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1-1/2 cups cornmeal
- 1-1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Jalapeno pepper and sweet red pepper rings, optional
- Beat eggs in a large bowl; add the next eight ingredients and mix well. Stir in 2 cups cheese. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1 hour. Top with remaining cheese. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving. Garnish with peppers if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 316 calories, 21g fat (13g saturated fat), 114mg cholesterol, 570mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 7, 2014
This became a family favorite after I made it the first time when it was first published years ago. I take it to just about every get together because it travels so well. Tonight I am making it for my family, just because!
May 21, 2012
This recipe turned out exactly like the picture. I thought it was good. I took it to a pot luck dinner. It was a very good side dish and easy to make!
Nov 27, 2011
I would make this again if I needed a cornbread side dish. I was hoping it would be more like a pudding or at least a spoon bread. It worked out ok.