Creamy Chipotle Pasta with Sausage
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound Italian turkey sausage links, cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 2 cups frozen peas
- Hot cooked thin spaghetti
- Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Remove and keep warm.
- Saute mushrooms and red pepper in oil in the same pan until tender. Stir in the brown sugar, chipotle pepper, chili powder, salt and marjoram; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add cream, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Reduce heat.
- Add 1 cup cheese; cook and stir until melted. Stir in sausage and peas; heat through. Serve with spaghetti. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 6, 2014
Feb 11, 2014
Very delicious and filling!!! I used that Aidell's Italian style Chicken sausage, and 8oz. of Quinoa/Corn rotini pasta, and this was amazing! It has a bit of spice to it, so we absolutely loved it! I wanted to eat much more than I did, but it's just so HEARTY! Several elements in this dish come together to create a party in your mouth. A party that you'll want to make again in a few weeks!