Creamy Chipotle Pasta with Sausage
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound Italian turkey sausage links, cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 2 cups frozen peas
- Hot cooked thin spaghetti
- Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Remove and keep warm.
- Saute mushrooms and red pepper in oil in the same pan until tender. Stir in the brown sugar, chipotle pepper, chili powder, salt and marjoram; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add cream, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Reduce heat.
- Add 1 cup cheese; cook and stir until melted. Stir in sausage and peas; heat through. Serve with spaghetti. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Nov 6, 2014
Feb 11, 2014
Very delicious and filling!!! I used that Aidell's Italian style Chicken sausage, and 8oz. of Quinoa/Corn rotini pasta, and this was amazing! It has a bit of spice to it, so we absolutely loved it! I wanted to eat much more than I did, but it's just so HEARTY! Several elements in this dish come together to create a party in your mouth. A party that you'll want to make again in a few weeks!