Spicy Chicken Spaghetti
“I keep on the lookout for recipes that serve two,” explains LaDonna Reed. “We’re also watching our fat grams, so this main course was a great find. Adjust the spice level by decreasing the Cajun seasoning,” she writes from Ponca City, Oklahoma.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with Cajun seasoning. In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken for 7-9 minutes or until lightly browned and chicken is no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms, green pepper and onions until almost tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Combine the cornstarch, salt and pepper; sprinkle over vegetables. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Gradually stir in half-and-half. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Return chicken to the pan; heat through. Drain spaghetti; top with chicken mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 401 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 808mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 34g protein.
Apr 11, 2011
This was wonderful! I doubled it for our family and used angel hair pasta and more green onions and mushrooms. It's a keeper and going on my "short list" of recipe's!
Jul 26, 2008
We used cabbage instead of bell pepper. It turned out yummy too!