Spicy Chicken Spaghetti
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with Cajun seasoning. In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken for 7-9 minutes or until lightly browned and chicken is no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms, green pepper and onions until almost tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Combine the cornstarch, salt and pepper; sprinkle over vegetables. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Gradually stir in half-and-half. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Return chicken to the pan; heat through. Drain spaghetti; top with chicken mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 401 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 808mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 34g protein.
Apr 11, 2011
This was wonderful! I doubled it for our family and used angel hair pasta and more green onions and mushrooms. It's a keeper and going on my "short list" of recipe's!
Jul 26, 2008
We used cabbage instead of bell pepper. It turned out yummy too!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.