Spicy Chicken Nuggets
We devour these golden brown chicken nuggets at least once a week. If you want to tone down the heat, skip the chipotle pepper. —Cheryl Cook, Palmyra, Virginia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper, optional
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a shallow bowl, mix bread crumbs, cheese and, if desired, chipotle pepper. Place butter in a separate shallow bowl. Dip chicken pieces in butter, then in crumb mixture, patting to help coating adhere.
- Place chicken on a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan; sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture. Bake 20-25 minutes or until no longer pink.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 371 calories, 22g fat (10g saturated fat), 113mg cholesterol, 527mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 29g protein.
Originally published as Spicy Chicken Nuggets in Taste of Home April/May 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.