Spicy Chicken Enchiladas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (6 ounces) ready-to-use Southwestern chicken strips
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce, divided
- 1 cup refried beans
- 4 flour tortillas (7 inches), warmed
- 1 can (2-1/2 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Chopped tomato and shredded lettuce, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, 1 cup cheese and 1/2 cup enchilada sauce. Spread 1/4 cup refried beans down the center of each tortilla. Top with chicken mixture; roll up.
- Place in two ungreased small baking dishes. Top with the remaining enchilada sauce and cheese; sprinkle with olives.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with tomato and lettuce if desired.
Nutrition Facts2 enchiladas: 821 calories, 42g fat (20g saturated fat), 156mg cholesterol, 2399mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 10g fiber), 53g protein.
Apr 24, 2013
I did not care for this at all. The tortillas became a soggy mess, I will not be making this again.
Oct 26, 2009
Every year, my extended family spends a week at the beach together. This is the main dish for our Mexican night! A winner in my family for sure!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.