Spicy Chicken Enchiladas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (6 ounces) ready-to-use Southwestern chicken strips
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce, divided
- 1 cup refried beans
- 4 flour tortillas (7 inches), warmed
- 1 can (2-1/2 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Chopped tomato and shredded lettuce, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, 1 cup cheese and 1/2 cup enchilada sauce. Spread 1/4 cup refried beans down the center of each tortilla. Top with chicken mixture; roll up.
- Place in two ungreased small baking dishes. Top with the remaining enchilada sauce and cheese; sprinkle with olives.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with tomato and lettuce if desired.
Nutrition Facts2 enchiladas: 821 calories, 42g fat (20g saturated fat), 156mg cholesterol, 2399mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 10g fiber), 53g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 24, 2013
I did not care for this at all. The tortillas became a soggy mess, I will not be making this again.
Oct 26, 2009
Every year, my extended family spends a week at the beach together. This is the main dish for our Mexican night! A winner in my family for sure!