Spicy Chicken Stew
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with onions, undrained
- 1 cup lime-garlic salsa
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Sour cream, optional
- In a Dutch oven, cook chicken and garlic in oil for 5 minutes. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, salsa and cumin. Cover and simmer until chicken is no longer pink, about 15 minutes. Stir in cilantro. Top with sour cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 359 calories, 17g fat (4g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 622mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 31g protein.
May 15, 2017
Very quick, spicy, and yummy! I substituted seasoned black beans for the chick peas and it turned out well.
Oct 25, 2010
Very good. Used chicken thighs browned and simmered with the garlic; served with sour cream, corn muffins with cilantro butter. Will make again!
Oct 4, 2010
I made this at DH's request. It was pretty good. I used 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, added 2 sliced carrots and used regular salsa rather than try to find "lime garlic salsa". I didn't have and cilantro, so I ommitted that. All in all very good, quick, and easy! Even my 15 month old liked it! I served with warm rolls.
Nov 7, 2009
Very easy and delicious!