Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- In a large shallow dish, combine the first 6 ingredients. Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness, then cut into 1-1/2-in. pieces. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, to dish and turn to coat.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil in batches until meat is no longer pink, 6-8 minutes.
Nutrition Facts3 ounces cooked chicken: 212 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 435mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.
Jun 28, 2018
I have been making this recipe since 1997 when I received the Taste of Home cookbook as a gift. The cookbook has been opened so often the binding is falling apart. This continues to be an all time family favorite. I use it not just to make nuggets, but when making chicken tenders, chicken piccata, chicken parm and buffalo chicken. Absolutely yummy!
Apr 5, 2010
These were fantastic! Just the right amount of flaver and they were very juicy. My kids absolutely loved them. They were so much better than store bought! I will definitely make these again and again!