Faux Chicken Nuggets
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes2 dozen (1 cup sauce)
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4-1/2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups finely chopped salted peanuts
- GOLDEN DIPPING SAUCE:
- 2 snack-size cups (3-1/2 ounces each) vanilla pudding
- 2 teaspoons dark corn syrup
- 2 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- Cut cake into 12 slices; cut each slice in half. Cut into irregular nugget-shaped pieces; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, water, corn syrup, butter and vanilla; beat on low speed until sugar is moistened. Beat on high until smooth. Dip cake pieces into glaze, then roll in peanuts. Let stand until set.
- In a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Serve with nuggets.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 342 calories, 18g fat (5g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 231mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Mar 25, 2014
Great treat! I used corn flakes instead of peanuts due to allergies. And I mixed red frosting with butterscotch pudding to make ketchup.
Apr 6, 2011
Visit my blog for pictures! http://deananddiana.blogspot.com/2011/04/recipe-faux-chicken-nuggets.html
Apr 4, 2011
I made and took this to my husband's work, which happens to be on April Fool's Day. They were a hit and really fooled a lot of people!
Feb 25, 2011
My daughter lives on chicken nuggets so it was a no-brainer to make this recipe for her birthday school treat. I couldn't use peanuts so I mixed a combination of crunchy oatmeal cookies and cheerios (crushed in a food processor) as the coating. Also, the sugar "wash" for the pound cake was too thick and had to be thinned with water so the pieces could soak up the liquid. So fun!! I also make an extra "sauce" with red food coloring for ketchup.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.