Nutty Chicken Fingers
Watch the room light up with smiles when you bring this fun dish to the table. "Our children love the crunchy nut coating on these chicken strips," reports Beba Cates of Pearland. Texas. And with only a handful of ingredients, preparation is a snap.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Place milk in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in milk, then roll in pecan mixture.
- Place in a single layer in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 113 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 86mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
Originally published as Nutty Chicken Fingers in Quick Cooking July/August 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.