Nutty Chicken Fingers
Watch the room light up with smiles when you bring this fun dish to the table. "Our children love the crunchy nut coating on these chicken strips," reports Beba Cates of Pearland. Texas. And with only a handful of ingredients, preparation is a snap.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients. Place milk in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in milk, then roll in pecan mixture.
- Place in a single layer in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° until juices run clear, 12-15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts5 ounces cooked chicken: 436 calories, 24g fat (3g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 346mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 38g protein.
Originally published as Nutty Chicken Fingers in Quick Cooking July/August 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.